Oh Baby...

At the risk of being tacky, I am posting a list of things that I think we need/want for the baby. I've had many, many questions of whether we are registered somewhere or what we need. My attempt at registering just overwhelmed me with all the different products and options and recalls and reviews out there. So, I've put together my own little list of things that I've come across that I like. I know this list is not comprehensive and I welcome any comments about tried and true products that you wonderful mothers out there know and love.

I am posting this for two reasons. First, for those who have asked, this is my registry list. And second, this is my electronic copy of all the little sticky notes that are accumulating in my wallet about things I see and like. So, here goes.

Stroller: The BOB Revolution - Mesa Orange, and Infant Car Seat Adapter

This is the jogging stroller Steve picked out. With the car seat adapter you can stick the car seat in the stroller and use it before the baby sits up. The front wheel can either be revolving for everyday, in the store use, or it can lock into place for runs with Daddy.

Car Seat: Graco SnugRide 35, "Flint" or "Lowery" style


These infant car seats lock right into the stroller (with the car seat adapter) and will hold our little man up to 35 pounds before we have to change to a bigger one. I'm not sure which print I like best. Steve hasn't seen either of them so I don't know if he has a preference or not.

High Chair: Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair - Tan
This chair secures to your own chair and sits right at the table instead of an additional piece of furniture in the kitchen.

Bath Time: A tub with a baby sling

I don't really have a preference on these other than I love the little infant sling so you don't have to try and hold the slippery baby while also washing. And no pink (instructions from Steve). Here are a few that are out there.


Fisher Price Dreamsicle tub - I love the look, but hate the price.
Fisher Price Ocean Wonders tub
Safety First Deluxe Infant to Toddler tub
Diaper Bags: JJ Cole Mode Tote - Blue Vine or Gray Flora Skip/Hop Dash Deluxe - Blossom or Olive





So, I made some phone calls last Saturday and found a store that carried the Skip/Hop diaper bags and then went down to check them out. I do not want one. I was pretty disappointed that they weren't what I thought they would be, until I saw this bag. It seems to be just right.

Swaddling Blankets: Aiden and Anais - Alpha Bit, Jungle Jam, or Mod About Baby

I've heard that these are essential, must have blankets. These prints are in the classic collection - 4 packs. All the prints are very cute. These are just a few that I particularly liked.


Toy: Melissa and Doug Learn to Play Piano
I know this is not an infant toy, but I saw this and fell in love. All wooden piano with two full octaves of keys. We will have one someday, if not now. Below is another option, just a different color (Schoenhut My First Piano II). I love them both.


Other general items we need:

  • Thermometer: I have heard that the ear ones are not accurate until after age two. Are the temporal ones good or do I need a rectal one for the infant stage of life?

  • Boppy pillow, with neutral (boy or girl) cover/print

  • Diapers and wipes

  • Onesies

  • Sleepers and clothes (We have one pair of monkey pants and matching booties - not even a complete outfit)

  • Water proof mattress cover

  • Changing table pad and cover 
  • Baby monitor - a simple one
  • Baby carrier - BabyBjorn Active or something similar
  • Breast pump - Ahh! The options are overwhelming.
  • Bottles - Playtex drop-ins premium nurser newborn gift set, or the individual things in the set.
I'm sure I will be adding and changing this as we figure out more of this baby stuff. Again, I welcome any baby product advise comments because I've never done this before.  Thanks in advance!

0 comments: